PISP desires to nurture the following organisational cultures:
- Participation: PISP shall endeavor to involve the communities, staff and other relevant stakeholders in all phases and levels of its undertakings.
- Focus: To realize meaningful results, PISP shall only engage in value adding initiatives that address felt community needs based on its expertise and capacity.
- Learning: PISP strives to be a dynamic, innovative and insightful organization that is continuously reflecting on and improving its practice.
- Staff Development: PISP recognizes that staffs are its most prized resource and aspires to acquire, motivate and retain a hardworking, dedicated, resilient team of staff.
- Responsibility: PISP aspires to build on and maintain its reputation as a conscientious, dependable and trustworthy organization.
- Linking: Considering the insurmountable development challenges, PISP realizes that it must collaborate well with all other development actors in order to be successful.
The key values of PISP include amongst others;
- Respect for and use of community structures as engines of development
- Commitment to professionalism and quality service delivery
- Respect of diversity, potential and dignity of pastoral communities
- Diligence and Openness in all our actions/work. (Accountability and transparency).
- Non-partisan/Non-political and Neutrality